Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:50:47 -0600
From:         Clifford P Gottschalk <cgotts@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Looking for a rebuildable 2.1 Engine

Hello, I have been on the List now for quite awhile and have not really sent anything to the list as a whole. I would always respond via p-mail, and so here goes my first time on the List. I currently own two Vanagons, one '89 Vanagon 7 pass, and the other a '85 Westy automatic. I love them both and my wife loves her '89 Vanagon, especially since we have a big family as well as doing day care. So this bus has been a good unit till just last week, when it threw a rod. The case is shot, one rod and possibly one piston, everything else looks good to this point. What I am looking for is a rebuildable engine or engine cases, a rod, and a piston. I would not be objected to getting an engine that runs, but for what people are asking, out of my league. I have done a number of engine rebuilds on VW engines and so doing the work myself is not a problem, just finding what I need at a decent price. I am sure some if not all have had to deal with the cost of engine parts for these units. If anyone has what I am looking for, or knows of someone who does, please let me know. I have come across a couple of gentlemen who have a couple of the things I need, just checking to see what options I have before starting the resurrection. Appreciate any information you might have and thanks for being a good group of VW enthusiasts. Clifford Gottschalk '89 Vanagon 7 pass. stick (Needs resurrecting) '85 Westy auto '67 Baja Bug

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]