Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:05:20 -0500
From:         Pat Dooley <mail@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ford F150 pulling a vanagon?

Matthew, the Ford strait 6 is an excellent motor for towing. It produces loads of torque at low engine speeds.

These motors don't like high rpms and will drain your gas tank if you push em near 3 grand.

The 200 six in my Mustang went 273k miles with only water in the radiator. I was 17 and couldn't afford antifreeze.

This truck would work well for towing your van.

One word of advice: Put as much heavy stuff as you can in the pickup, you don't want the van to be too much heavier than the tow vehicle.

-----Original Message----- From: Pollard, Matthew <Matthew.Pollard@OREADCA.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 5:02 PM Subject: Ford F150 pulling a vanagon?