Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 1999 06:45:19 EDT
From:         Mike Pabst <PabstMich@AOL.COM>
Subject:      86 digifant running rich solved (probably)

Hi everybody, that morning I fueled after having driven just 60 mi yesterday (using the same nozzle / setting of course) to see if increasing the afm spring tension helped - AND IT SEEMED TO !!! Just 3.3 gal instead of the former >4 until the nozzle switched off. After nearly 7 yrs. and 50 kmi with the above problem you can imagine how I feel right now - and you can calculate the gas / money / environment wasted. The only thing that concerns me now is that I somehow lost track of the 1 of us who told me the puzzler's solution - could you please email me directly again ? Since I'm in Vanagon's fatherland I hope I can do you a favor somehow. Also many thanks to all of you who helped with their contribution - will never get a car for which no mail list exists (guess I don't have to mention how many shops / mechanics couldn't help incl. fatherland Volkswagen and 2 fatherland Bosch). Lucky Michael 86 80 Westy