Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:08:10 -0700
From:         Kelly Bauman <bauman@ICAN.NET>
Subject:      Re: skylight velcro adhesive

If you check out the archives from early July '97 you will find that I asked the same question. The glue that came recommended by List member Malcolm Holser was 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive. I never found the 3M brand of weatherstrip adhesive but I found a couple of other brands in the automotive section of most hardware and department stores (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Zellers, C-Tire, etc).

I can heartily endorse this glue. It has become my favourite adhesive. I won't bore the list with stories of all the amazing glue jobs I have done, however, the velcro strips that I glued with this stuff are still holding fast.

Get some of this glue for this and many other glue jobs. It rules!

Kelly Bauman Delta, BC '91 Westy

At 22:08 5/31/99 -0500, Jim Fritz wrote: >Friends, > >We're replacing the mosquito netting and velcro on the sunshade/screen for the skylight in the poptop. The velcro thats glued to the roof is in good shape but is starting to pull away from the roof. Have any of you found some adhesive that does a great job of regluing this back up again? > >Back on the farm when I was a kid my dad fixed canvas with something called "tear grease" (or something like that) It was a great adhesive for that application but I don't know where to find it, whether it will work in this case, or if something better has been invented in the last 30 years. > >Thanks for the help! > >Jim in Iowa >91 Passat Wagon Gl >89 Westy >66 Beetle > >