Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:20:42 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dead 83.5
Comments: To: Bill Thomas <vanagon@MINDSPRING.COM>

Hi Bill, It appears your injectors are on solid. The relay next to the one you mention for the fuel pump supplies 12v battery power to most all the fuel injection system including one side of the fi (fuel injectors). The ecu (digijet in your case) provides a pulsed ground return to the other side of the injectors. You could have a defective ecu, or have a short to ground in the fuel injector cable or even a shorted injector (one shorted injector can cause all 4 to fail on) . I would unplug all the injectors and plug a spare injector into the fi cable. Then do some voltage checking of the injector plugs (they are all in parallel at the ecu). If you don't have a spare injector disable the fuel pump unplug all but one. You should see about 12 volts on both connectors of the fi plugs. Good luck with your quest. Darrell

----- Original Message ----- From: Bill Thomas <vanagon@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 8:39 PM Subject: Dead 83.5