Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:53:55 -0700
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Springs List Purchase Roundup
Comments: To: Randy Bergum <organslave@EARTHLINK.NET>

Haha...but you can. Search the web for spring manufacturers near you...find the best one that has all the right equipment and routinely does what we're doing, take a set of springs there...have them do measurements of the van, or you do them, get them to quote for various quantities, then set up the list purchase. I bet the cost of 10 pairs of front springs is about $50 a piece, or less. The rears are much more complicated and costly because they are progressive wound out of wire that decreases in diameter at the ends.. On the syncro westfalia, though, it''s the fronts that are really too soft....the rears are not too bad. go for it! steve