Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jun 1999 17:22:50 -0600
From:         Jim & Melody <JiMelody@ZIANET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help, Radio Locked
Comments: To: Scarlett Semko <damosem@MAIL.MCO.BELLSOUTH.NET>

Ron, My radio is a Blaupunkt but I think it is original for my 91 Syncro. For what its worth, exact directions from manual follow:

Preparing the Radio for Operation Every time the radio is disconnected from the car's power supply, the batter is disconnected, or even if the radio fuse blows, the radio must be recoded to make it operational: 1. Turn radio on-turn volum knob (1) clockwise; car ignition must be on. "CodE" is displayed in the radio display (3) 2. Press one of the first four preset buttons, "CodE" will disappear, and "0000" will appear in the radio display. 3. After "0000" is displayed, enter the security code which is shown on the front of this manual using the first four station preset buttons (16). Use button 1 to set the first digit of the four digit code, button 2 to set the second, etc. Press each button the number of times needed to enter that digit. 4. Finally, press station preset button 5. Now the radio frequency will appear in the display and the radio is ready for operation. Note: Entering the security code must be done within 1 minute. If not, or a false code is entered three times, "CodE" will appear in the radio display. Repeat the entire procedure again.

Good luck.

Jim 91 Syncro AW ----- Original Message ----- From: Scarlett Semko <damosem@MAIL.MCO.BELLSOUTH.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, June 06, 1999 9:03 AM Subject: Help, Radio Locked