Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:55:16 -0400
From:         Hajasz <hajasz@VISI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Synthetic Oil Grade
Comments: To: ad793@FREENET.CARLETON.CA

I use Castrol Syntec 5w50 with a Mobil 1 filter, very happy with it. Seems to give me a quicker warm up than my old 20w50 did. A little pricey but I think the engine benefits from the lower viscosity at start up. Instead of being gooped in the pan at startup, it is a easy flowing liquid that will get pumped through the engine quickly. Just my opinion which is worth about what you paid for it ;-) Steve Hajasz 90 Vanagon GL 90 Vanagon ( Head are coming out for new gaskets, Auto tranny is next!) 84 Rabbit Convertible