Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:04:50 -0400
From:         Doug Alcock <dgalcock@HEWITT.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do you fill the propane tank? and re:Starter woes

Thanks so much for your reply Stuart. Still a couple of questions though. Where is the !0% valve? and what is that button ahead for the fill valve for? (Told you you didn't have to worry about insulting my intelligence!)

Thanks again, Doug

From: Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM> on 10/06/99 03:45 PM GMT

Please respond to Stuart MacMillan <stuart@COBALTGROUP.COM>

To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM cc: Client: Subject: Re: How do you fill the propane tank? and re:Starter woes

Doug,

This tank can be a bit tricky. I have found with my tank (also '84 vintage) that the 10% valve needs to be unscrewed quite a ways before filling will start. Any competent propane attendant will know what this is, just tell him to unscrew it farther than he usually does. If he is smart he will wear gloves when messing with it or he will freeze his fingers before he gets it closed again!

This valve allows for a 10% vapor space in a full tank to allow for vaporization of the liquid petroleum "gas," otherwise you can get the liquid petroleum coming through to the appliances, which is not a good thing. As the tank fills LP vapor comes out the 10% valve until the LP reaches the tube connected to it, at which time LP comes out, filling should be stopped, and the valve tightened.

Make sure all appliances are off and no one is smoking near you when this tank is filled!

Doug Alcock wrote: > > Greetings to all, > > I'm a newbie to the list and to Westies. We just bought an '84 and I > tried to get the propnae tank filled. The attendant said there was > something wrong with the valve. I went over the list archives yesterday and > found mention of the button on the forward side of the fill valve. When do > you puch this button? If someone would could give me step-by-step > instructions on the propane filling procedure I'd be grateful --- don't be > afraid of insulting my intelligence either. > > -- Stuart MacMillan Manager, Case Program 800-909-8244 ext 208

Getting your share of the Net yet? http://www.cobaltgroup.com http://www.casedealer.com/demo http://www.caseihdealer.com/demo