Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:20:02 -0700
From:         Pete Cassidy <pcassidy@APPLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant tank
Comments: To: Colin Moran <bolliver@IPA.NET>

Colin Moran said:

>Hello Everyone, > I need to find a coolant tank. Mine is cracked and leaking badly. I >also need the coolant level sensor. Any one has a spare tank to sell I >would appreciate a response.

Mine too. I've just finished re-sealing the heads because of a water leak only to find that there's a crack in the primary coolant tank, between the pressure cap and the level sensor. Coolant is *gushing* out under pressure onto the hot exhaust. Lots of steam! 8-)

Anyways - I ordered a new tank from Bus Depot on-line. It's on its way & maybe I'll get it fitted on the weekend. Be sure when you're ordering to order a gasket for the level sensor.

>Colin >The Bronze Brick >211,800 miles

Pete C (with 101K miles. Long way to go yet!)

-- Peter Cassidy, pcassidy@apple.com '88 Wolfsburg "Muriel" *not speaking for Apple*