Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:53:59 -0400
From:         Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Drive shaft removal (Syncro)
Comments: To: "Dr. Rainer Woitok" <woitok@rrze.uni-erlangen.de>

Thanks Rainer, I was appalled by this setup.... the dif sides were open to the dirt (& they were dirty) and I just can't get over the feeling, that the over-all front suspension would be weakened... No doubt the hacked outer CV halves are toast... the new owner was told by the PO, it was done by a VW dealer, so the speedo would work???.... the shafts would turn the speedo gear in the front dif, even if you removed the main driveshaft.. I figure the front VC/dif must be bad and this is a different work around to just get it back on the road & into the hands of another unsuspecting owner.... thanks for your comments Rob

----- Original Message ----- From: Dr. Rainer Woitok <woitok@rrze.uni-erlangen.de> To: Robert Rountree <rountree@planeteer.com> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 11, 1999 6:38 AM Subject: Re: Drive shaft removal (Syncro)