Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:48:47 -0700
From:         Michael Orbon <bluvanoluv@MAILCITY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Frustration: 85 Vanagon Cooling
Comments: To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>

That's the answer I'm hping against.

Right. I'll definitely take it to the same shop that just did the head gaskets if it tests bad again.

What about removing the belts and running the engine to see if gas gets into the coolant?

Mike --

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:09:45 Darrell Boehler wrote: >-------------- >Hi Michael, > Air is getting into the coolant some place and the most logical place is >combustion gas is getting past one of the internal head gaskets. Hope this >is not your case. If the engine is getting very hot it will boil the coolant >and form vapor also. > To test for a leaky internal head gasket use the hose from a >compression tester in each spark plug hole and crank your air compressor up >to 100 psi and look for air in the coolant. >Darrell > >----- Original Message ----- >From: Michael Orbon <bluvanoluv@MAILCITY.COM> >To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Sent: Monday, June 14, 1999 10:18 AM >Subject: Frustration: 85 Vanagon Cooling > > >> This year I have replaced fittings, hoses, head gaskets, a cooling fan >switch, and now a radiator. The head gaskets were put in three months ago. >the radiator was put in this week. since then I have seen three symptoms. >> >> 1. Air seems to get into the radiator then coolant is pushed out the >overflow. I have bled the air out after two careful refills (ie. raise the >front open both bleeders etc.) >> >> 2. I have seen a slow leak that drips off of the transmission housing >after running 30 miles and the van sitting for an hour. This leak will stop >if I bleed the pressure out of the radiator. >> >> 3. The van overheats because circulation stops up at the radiator. >> >> Well... What do you think is wrong? I'm afraid of the answer. >> >> Thank you >> Mike >> >> >> Get your FREE Email at http://mailcity.lycos.com >> Get your PERSONALIZED START PAGE at http://my.lycos.com >> >