Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:14:57 -0600
From:         BILL <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tinting Westy Sliding Windows

Hi Jason. Did you get the package yet? Last I checked it was somewhere in MA.

On tinting....... The best job would be to remove it. I am in the process of re-tinting FreeBird because PO did a poor job.

I can remove the sliding glass window off my GL 7-passenger easy. But, when it comes to the Westy, the only way I can remove it is to remove the whole frame out. With the frame out of the van, the slider comes out easily. Remove the latch, plastic sliders on the bottom (replace with new) and the inside weather stripping and lift up and out it comes. This will make tinting it easy and look more professional. While your there you might want to replace the chrome molding. Many just remove it (molding) but, in my opinion, it helps keep the window in the van. CA seals are solid, but these get more flimsy when you remove it. As a matter-of-fact, I remove the molding first, before removing the window out of the van. This makes the task easier. It's about $11.00 for the molding at the dealer. If you need part numbers, let me know.

my dollar two ninety eight and a half.

Bill VWWESTY "I'd Rather Be Hiking The '85 GL [*Magic*Bus*] Greater Yellowstone" '82 Westy [FreeBird] Big Sky Country <><