Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:48:18 -0400
From:         Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Subject:      FS 85 Westy CDN

This ad was in a local rag.......I called... Not to sure about pedigree...The van is Located near Barrie Ontario

the ad reads

ONLY 78,000km, Excellent shape 1985 Volkswagen Westphalia camper van. Certified with new tires and brakes, etc. asking $10,000 firm , Phone 705-735-1576

That's cdn ... would equal about $7,150 us

1st this ad had the wrong phone #... after some tracing I got the right one... I called and got a lady who said she was the second owner & has had the van for 7 years...I asked if it had been kept in a garage, she said NO but it has been painted (I think she said CHEAPLY to cover rust but NO bodywork..... caution flag up!!!) I asked what kind of tires were on it? She said she didn't know, the shop that certified it put them on.....(raise that flag a little higher) I asked who was the SHOP,....... she said a small do anything ( located right in the middle of a strip of used car lots) I believe this shop has little or no vanagon experience.... she said it was tan in colour and sitting over at her sons business, if I want to go see it (it's about 40km from me, or just off hwy 400 near the 400 market.)

That's all I know about it.

Rob 87 Westy SyncroGL.....Cynosure 87k km Moonstone Ont. Syncro87@Hotmail.com