Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:59:25 -0400
From:         Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>
Subject:      Fuel recovery system overhaul Parts
Comments: To: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com>

Hi all,

Here is what I got. The microfiche at the dealership was from the 86-87 Vanagon -- that was the closest thing they had to my 90 Carat. I haven't received the parts yet or tried to make them fit, but this is how I believe it will work:

Pressure Equalization Tube [1] 251 201 147 B $25.25 Grommets for pressure eq tube and filler neck small tube [3]: N 901 004 01 $1.80 Plastic T Piece [1] 113 127 563 $2.20 Grommet for plug on top of plastic bottles [2] N 901 005 01 $6.20 Fuel Filler Neck Grommet [1] 251 201 139 A $5.80 Fuel Guage Sending Unit Grommet [1] (Bus Depot) $3.50 10mm fuel hose @ $1.50 / foot. I don't know how much is needed -- I'll just replace what I see. 7mm fuel line hose @ 1.50 / foot. I bought 10 feet, thinking that I would use it instead of the hard plastic lines over the tank. I have since then figured out that I should have bought the 5mm stuff, so I will have to buy more. 10 mm hose clamps (smooth inside) N 102 582 01 $1.80 (I bought all they had, 4 of them) 7mm hose clamps (smooth inside) I ordered 10 of them from Ken at $1.50 each. I hope they go down to the 5mm hose ok.

It also appears that I completely forgot about where the two lower / rear hoses from the expansion bottles go through the wall of the tank. I guess I'll have to see what kind of grommets are used there.

I hope this works, too.

Michael Townsend

-----Original Message----- From: Horace K. Sawyer <firestream@mindspring.com> To: Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ericsson.se> Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 11:11 PM Subject: Re: Fuel recovery system overhaul