Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:47:40 -0700
From:         Coby Smolens <cobys@WELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane leak!
Comments: To: Rob MacLeod <macleod@CVRTI.UTAH.EDU>

You didn't just have the thing filled, did you? As I recall, my own 83.5 had some bleed-off going on a couple times when a service station attendant tried to shove five gallons of fuel into the three gallon tank. For some time afterward I found some apparent leakage happening which subsequently disappeared (in spite of the fact that I bought the valving to replace the old stuff, thinking I would be prepared). That was three years ago and the system continues to operate just fine.

The parts are all American standard stuff (unless yours is a model built for Europe - all sold-in-America models had to conform to IAPMO and other US standards), and if you do have leaking regulator or valves, most can be had through RV supply places, except the Auto-shutoff fill valve used on the later models. If you need to replace this one, it's time to think seriously about replacing the tank unit with a whole new assembly. It can be ordered from European American RV at 423-908-9384. Pete Catlett's the owner of EARV, formally Delta Six Industries. This is the company which built all the American parts for Westfalia since the early days of Westfalia imports. He's a great guy and very helpful. I don't think you have to be a distributor to order from him either.

Coby Smolens, Owner Valley Wagonworks "Intimately acquainted with VW Vans since 1959" 1535 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. San Anselmo, CA 94960 Phone: (415) 457-5628 Fax: (415) 457-0967 http//:wagonworks.com mailto:contact@wagonworks.com