Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:19:56 -0400
From:         John <u1031271@WARWICK.NET>
Subject:      Re: digitool and ecu service
Comments: To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>

Darrell Boehler wrote: > > Hi Volks, > I wish to thank everyone for all the good words about the digitool. As I > have told people who ask about the tool it gives you no information that you > couldn't get with a hat pin in the wire / meter method. It does however > give you the information of key engine controls via leds and various > sensors operational voltage status with the flip of a switch, all very > effortlessly and quickly. I want all to realize that the way the tool is > designed it requires a short flat ribbon cable be attached to the printed > circuit board on the ecu. One attaches the digitool to this cable to put it > into operation. This makes it necessary that the ecu be shipped to me for > installation of the cable. I make a digitool for both the digifant and for > the digijet ecus. I charge $100 for the digitool, this includes everything > except shipping charges of the ecu to me. If you desire I can add the 22 uf > capacitor afm (air flow meter) fix to your digitool. Just let me know you > want it added. > I have also been repairing ecus and plan to continue. I charge $100 > which includes parts, labor, and shipping back to you. If I can't find your > ecu problem I will send your ecu back to you no charge. Thanks for your > interest and I am looking forward to taking care of your ecu and digitool > needs. > > Darrell Boehler > Makanda Illinois

Darrell,

My name is John and I just recently read about the Digifant tool. PLease help me to understand what this is about by answering the following questions.

1) Is the digitool and the Digifant tool the same thing ?

2) You say that a ribbon cable is added to the Digifant control module (DCM), what happens to the weather sealing integrity of the DCM when this modification is carried out ? Is there a hole in the DCM case ?

3) What information is available ? Is the infomation fault codes or just test (nominal) values ?

4) Presently I use a 25 CarTool breakout box in series at the DCM multiplug, would the Digifant tool provide a better tap (or more infomation)about the DCM operating parameters ?

JP