Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:14:01 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: A4 wheels on a 5kT
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote:

> since its friday, i thought i'd just see what the general concensus on this > idea was.. > PerL? anyone? > > i've already posted this to the Q-list, but am throwing the idea out here too > since there are alot of audi owners on the Vgon list too. > > i have a set of Audi A4 5 spoke 7x16 ET45 wheels, with 205 55 16 tires. i > tried them on my '86 audi 5000 turbo, and the wheels fit ok, but on the front > the tire is too close to the tie rod end. the A6 and A8 came with a 7x16 > ET37 wheel. i was thinking of running the ET 37 wheel up front, and the ET > 45 wheel on the rear. they are both 7x16. > any thoughts?

What I know is that most car factories design cars to have a narrower track at the rear to make them more stable, and it can be up to 30 mms. This is not done by putting on rims with different offset, but I guess it can be done. Best would of course be if you've got 4 rims with same offset, but I believe it should be possible to fit them with not too much trouble. If you have the possibility, you should try them on, and see how they feel on the car.

Just my ,02

PerL Bug, Bus 'n 'Back