Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 1999 00:02:23 -0400
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Finally, My 88 Wolf Flies,
              is not afraid of curves and sips gas!!(28.5mpg)
Comments: To: vwvanman@EXCITE.COM

Are you leaning it out too much? Burn up the pistons?

Just curious

Horace

At 10:02 PM 6/18/99 -0700, Robert Lilley wrote: >I did some adjusting with my FI today and went from getting 20.5 mpg @55 mph >to getting 28.5+ mpg @ 65 mph. >The engine enhancements are starting to come together to give me the >performance I desired with the increase in gas mileage. I still have some >more FI adjusting yet...and I am planning to lighten the flywheel a few >pounds. When I had my crank countered weighted they did not lighten the >flywheel. > >FWIW I out accelerated a customized (older)VW bug after some FI adjusting >this afternoon. > > >The H&R springs enable my 88 Wolfsburg to take curves @55 that before I >would have to slow down to the warning sign speed. IE warning sign: Slow >to 35mph, Van now takes it at 55 with little body lean. I might not need to >get new sway bars after all... > > >The gas mileage has increased when I "1/8 of a turn" increased the CO on the >new air flow meter. I had it adjusted to the same point before but it might >have been to much to quickly. I started at 3 1/2 turns out then turn in a >1/8 turn, drove @80 miles filled up (I kept the speed at 55mph), checked >mpg. Each turn increased the milage. I am up to @ 28.5 @65 mph now. I >just ran out of time (I was on the road @700 miles today. 19 hour work day, >friday) > > >I'll write more after some sleep I have had @ a 70hr work week. > > >Robert > > > > >_______________________________________________________ >Get your free, private email at http://mail.excite.com/