Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:51:41 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Volunteers needed!
Comments: To: vanagon@volkswagen.org

Do you think that we should start a special mailing list to just discuss what we are going to do about Gerry? I really think that this needs discussion and thought before we just throw money at the problem. I am all for getting the computer components from David's employer (to thank him for his kindness to us), but we need to talk about exactly what machine would run the list and the archives the best and also what OS would require the least amount of maintenance (I am thinking of you David) while crashing the least. We also have to consider that we have already invested some money in software that uses Windows NT. However if NT is going to keep crashing all the time I would rather spend the money and get an OS (and the listserv software to go with it) that isn't so crash prone. So I think we should start a discussion list for all interested listmembers (and computer savvy listmembers) at www.onelist.com. That way we can discuss this at length and not clog up the Vanagon list. What do you think? Ken Wilford Van-Again John 3:16