Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:27:49 -0600
From:         Kevin and Heather <keather@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Cassette deck woes

The problem is a broken rubber band. This little band puts tension on the auto reverse lever when the tape deck is turning. Without this 25 cent part, the auto reverse goes non stop. Kinda funny that expensive stereos still rely on this primitive technology. I had this happen to my deck in central america. Was stuck listening to latin radio for 4 months...not pleasant. The band is buried way down deep inside the unit (at least on my 82 model) and is impossible to fix without some major dissasembly. I tried to fix my stereo by candle light in Nicaragua and really mucked it up, so be careful. Finially got back up to Mexico where I had someone fix it for $5.00 US. Such a relief to play the Grateful Dead again...

Kevin Innes 82 diesel camper van 91 TD Jetta

read about our adventure in Central America at: http://home.earthlink.net/~keather/index.html

Kevin and/or Heather

A NPR mind in an MTV world...