Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:18:02 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re:      Re: Defeat snatched from  victoryıs jaws

Hi,

I cruise all day @ 4K. (hmmm, poetry in my future? - not)

I have been told by normally reliable sources that the solid green area of the tach is fully safe for cruising. If you get into the fringed area for brief periods (like drag racing a new Vette), you're OK, but to stay out of there for any distance.

Anyway, I have no complaints about engine life and I tend to keep it near that 4K ceiling whenever I'm on the road with no headwind.

What I don;'t understand about this 89 synchro deal is - If it was such a great deal at $12K, why not bike the bullet, get the van home, and rebuild or replace the engine at your leisure. Is this buyers remorse setting in?

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 8:53 AM Subject: Re: Defeat snatched from victoryıs jaws