Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:33:44 -0600
From:         Stucco <spaddock@DEN.WANTWEB.NET>
Subject:      LCD clocks available

Volks,

Interesting stash located. I went to my mechanic to see if he might have a replacement LCD clock to fit my '87 Vanagon (mine developed a cancerous black spot that grew over some of the numbers) and in the process of removing the old one for comparison purposes, found he had several. The LCD module has two pins that fit into the white plastic backing for power, and no other connections. The one I got came from a Scirocco (I think) and was an exact match. Placement of crystal, contacts, time set buttons, etc. The new one is set for time, as the others may be. The rumor is that if you hold both set buttons it'll change to twelve hour format or vice versa. I didn't try as I like the 24 hour system. If this sounds like something you want, he'll sell them for $20 + shipping. I expect shipping would be >$5 via USPS. If you want, p-mail me and I'll either forward your request to him, or give you his number (he has no e-mail!) Location: Denver, CO.

Scott Paddock '87 Vanagon Wolfsburg "Rolf" '93 Eurovan GL "Gita" <--- Featuring a new clutch, what an ordeal...