Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:54:27 -0600
From:         john silverman <jsilver@AROS.NET>
Subject:      vents, antenna mount
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Our antenna mounting (the plastic & chrome little thingy that attaches to the body) is loose. The antenna itlesf works great, but the mounting is shot, so that the mast w/ it's base often is at an odd angle to the vehicle. Any suggestions on replacement or repair???

Also, many of our vents in the dash, AC, and air duct over the sliding door are shot i.e. the louvres are broken off so that I can't change the direction of airflow or (more importantly) close off the airflow to any individual vent. Any ideas on sources for replacement parts? (we don't have any boneyards here in good old Salt Lake that have any vanagons last time I checked-they all laugh at me). Thanks... John 90 Syncro Westy, Vic, that finally passed Utah inspection (of course, he doesn't run as well now) SLC