Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jun 1999 19:53:22 -0600
From:         BILL <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Follow-up  RE: fuel lines; the injector side

Well, I finally found time to test the FI connection on the injector. I applied over 80psi and tried pulling it off while I also applied a heat gun to it that was so hot it started melting the injector connection. IT did not come apart. I found this to be amazing. 80 psi is well over the 30 psi that the system is running on and if your injector starts melting, you have more than a leak to worry about. It kept and maintained 80 psi with no leaks. The only other symptom I did not try was to include some vibration. The FI hose was cut stright and smooth. The old ring was not bent or corroded but was, in fact, in excellent condition. When removing the old hose, the cut was slow and across diagonal. You want no mars on the surface. The hose was pressed all the way on.

I also checked with local mechanics and asked what they would do. In every case they would NOT reuse the ring and go for the clamp. They were also amazed at my results. Maybe next time I'll use clamps as this would be easier and faster.

Bill VWWESTY "I'd Rather Be Hiking The '85 GL [*Magic*Bus*] Greater Yellowstone" '82 Westy [FreeBird] Big Sky Country <><