Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:29:55 -1000
From:         Peter Zendzian <peterz@HAWAII.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: What Mini-Projects are going on?

Well, Actually I have several. I just re-did the fuel lines on the gas tank, not the most fun job. I plan on re-tinting but lack the expertise to do a good job myself. Just finished re-upholstering the interior, new hedliner, walls, etc. Upgraded A/C fom early model to late model style, installed weekender rear seat and new front seats. Basicly a conversion from brown vynal to blue velour. Installed custom interior cabinets, one for a TV ,VCR and microwave and the other for refrigerator and hanging closet and some storage. the next project is a nice wood veneer on the dashboard area to match the wood on the cabinets. I have considered the audi 5 cyl conversion, but it is still $1000 more than converting to an inline 4. I will probably convert to the inline 4 even though I have 2 running audy 5 cyl cars sitting in front of my house. for some reason, I cannot justify the nearly $2000 for the audi kit where the inline 4 kit is around $900. Maby that is a new debate the list could pick up. Is the amount of power gained from the 5 cyl conversion worth the extra $1000. Personnaly, I think not. both engines have almost the same power and the inline 4 is smaller and less expensive parts.

Does anyone know where I can get a 100 or more amp alernator? the stock one just dosn't cut it for my van.

Pete peterz@hawaii.rr.com 83.5 Vanagon