Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:21:49 -0600
From:         Tony <cogbox1@XMISSION.COM>
Subject:      Back in the saddle

Hi all!,

Not sure if you guys remember me or not, my '87 caught fire about 3 months ago in front of a taco bell and was totalled. I have been lurking ever since, offering info where my knowledge would permit. I just thought I'd let you know that I will be purchasing my new vanagon tonight! It's a '90 GL auto with 75K on it. Second owner is a friend of mine that just didn't fall in love with the VW lifestyle and now wants a suburban. It's a clean bus, and he has kept it maintained very well. Ironically it's white like my '87, but has all the upgrades like power windows, locks and mirrors, plus a rear wiper that works! He's selling it to me for $5500.00 which I think is fair for the shape it's in. Did I mention the original owner put new heads on it just before he sold it? Bonus.

We are going to San Diego this weekend for the 4th. Should be fun and exciting to see how the bus runs. Does anyone from the list live out there? Let me know, maybe we could hook up.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know what was happening, and that I am stoked. Also, thanks again to everyone that offered words of sympathy when the '87 went up to the gods of fire. It was sad to see them tow her off, but I removed all the goodies I could before she went.

Here's to seeing you on the VW highways!

Tony