Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:27:43 PDT
From:         Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transporting a Westy

Bill -

I have weighed my '87 Westy on an accurate scale. With a full load of fuel and water, all my camping gear, and more than 200 pounds of rocks I was hauling back for the garden (Three wheelbarrow loads) it weighed 4400 pounds. Empty it was less than 4000, so that transporter should be fine.

Where are you ending up in Idaho?

Mike Finkbiner '87 Westy Moscow, ID

Hello all,

I plan on renting a vehicle transporter from Ryder to haul FreeBird down to Idaho. It's specs are no more than 4200lbs and 16 ft long. With the Westy at 15ft, there is no problem but what I would like to know is the weight of the Westy, without being loaded down. Has anyone transported their Westy that way with them or U-Haul? This is not a tow dolly.

TIA

Bill VWWESTY "I'd Rather Be Hiking The '85 GL [*Magic*Bus*] Greater Yellowstone" '82 Westy [FreeBird] Big Sky Country <><