Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:05:23 -0400
From:         John Lauterbach <jhlauterbach@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 84, rich running, help request...
Comments: To: cdo9@CSI.COM

Cliff, I had a similar problem with my '84 and I was living with it until I could get a new exhaust system in along with new O2 sensor. One afternoon, the engine wouldn't start when I needed to go out. I had to do something, and my first check was the distributor rotor and cap... They were Brand X and not Bosch, and were really in bad shape. I cleaned them up enough to get going, but it took new cap and rotor to get things right.

John ----- Original Message ----- From: Cliff Ober <cdo9@CSI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 2:26 PM Subject: 84, rich running, help request...