Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:37:55 -0500
From:         Campoli Bernard DLPC <CampoliBE@NCSC.NAVY.MIL>
Subject:      Re: Powder Coat ?????
Comments: To: John <johnpatt@WARWICK.NET>
Comments: cc: flafrog@bellsouth.net

Volks: Same thing happened to me JP,On another project(1995),had 16valve intakes manifolds,valve cover,exhaust manifold,and down pipe JET-HOT coated it looked great until I drove it,the engine still looks grand,but from the exhaust manifold back is pitted and rusty. I was going to do my vanagon exhaust but changed my mind after seeing this,and used some high temp paint,after glass beading exhaust and cleaning. I'm still looking for a better solution.anybody?.............Bernie Campoli,Panama City,FL 1987 weekender150K,1989estfaliaCamper(Hanger Queen)64K -----Original Message----- From: John [mailto:johnpatt@WARWICK.NET] Sent: Monday, June 28, 1999 10:17 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Powder Coat ?????

Kent Christensen wrote: > > I hear the coolest way to go is ... > > http://www.jet-hot.com/ > > ... but it may cost more than the part!

I had an entire Syncro exhaust JET-HOT coated and it is now rusting in several places. While they will recoat it under warranty, the pipe removal, vehicle down time and shipping is my problem. I will not use JET-HOT again. High temp spray paint will have to do................

JP