Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:17:44 -0700
From:         Hans Brouwer <hbrouwer@ISTAR.CA>
Subject:      Swivel seat problem Driver's side

Hi,

The steering wheel is in the way when I swivel the driver's side seat. Due to not being able to move the seat forward enough towards the passenger side, I have to force the door slightly against the back of the seat. In this set up, I have the back rest in its most upright position and the seat as far back as possible. Any other set up puts the back rest outside the frame.

Is this normal?

In the 90 degree position, there is a 3 inch space between the arm rest and the kitchen cabinet. Short of moving the swivel base to the back a couple of inches, this would involve a welding job, how can I change the set up so that it swivels properly?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Hans Brouwer Cumberland, Ontario Canada

1986 Westfalia 1988 Jetta turbo diesel (my wife loves it) 1992 Dodge Caravan (my wife hates it)