Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:40:21 -0400
From:         Steven Shane <s.shane@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Haunted Westy! SOLVED

Newbie Steve yells: "What the hell... My odometer just quit"

Newbie Steve asks: "Why"

NON-Newbie Volks replies:

>>>The gear often breaks if you reset the trip odometer while the vehicle is >>>moving. There have been several threads about making sure you only press >>>it when stopped.

Oh, I get it, so this is part of the process of becoming an UN-newbie. So I am now supposed to revel in this moment, strip naked and yell... (sarcastically)

"I own a Volkswagen... randomly breaking parts is what FUELS me. This is a 'FEATURE' not a hindrance. Why if I was 'ONE' with my vehicle I should have KNOWN that resetting the trip meter would cause a nuclear meltdown."

So what happens if I press that little silver button down by the 110 outlet? Will my radio only play German folk music on Tuesdays?

SERIOUSLY:

Now that the damage has been done, this ex-newbie humbly requests that someone set me up with the name/number/email of the guy who will fix my dilapidated odometer gear.

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

mailto:s.shane@pobox.com

Steve (ex-newbie) Shane