Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jul 1999 21:51:19 EDT
From:         Todd Hill <Jwilli941@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stella is still sick..and I'll see you later!

Hello Kate,

<<....Anyone have a clue how hard it is to get new hubs for a transmission (86 Vanagon 4 sp) and synchronizers?...>>

I haven't been keeping up with some of the previous posts, but haven't your mechanics ever done this before? Have them call ERCO in Riverside, CA at 909-689-4430 or Weddle Engr. in Longbeach, CA at 562-598-2731 for those parts. Or there's always the dealer. If you go with the Calf. Places you'll have a choice on Diehl, Laso, or VW dealer synchros. Make sure that you get the Laso or VW synchros for this application. The Diehl brand is just fine but isn't moly-coated like Laso or VW. And, FWIW, I use Laso in mine because they are half the cost of VW and are O.E.M! Use part number 091-311-295A for all gears as per VW spec's even though your trans originally came with a different synchro ring on 1st.

The 'see you later' part of the subject line is in reference to me signing off the list for a while. My father in law is very ill and will go in for brain surgery tomorrow on a very nasty tumor. This was unexpected as he had no advance warning signs and his health was very good. Due to the seriousness of his health I will be in Cincinnati beginning July 10th for an undetermined length of time. And to top it off, my father in Phoenix also will have some unexpected surgery next Monday due to complications arising from an emergency gall bladder removal and subsequent battle with infection.

For those of you on this list that have current unfinished business with me rest assured that I will finish and ship product before I leave Olympia. I just am out of the 'free' time I spend with the various VW mailing lists and have to transfer those energies to completing other tasks before I head south to Phoenix and then off to Cincinnati.

This AOL email account will remain open for a point of contact should anyone wish to get a hold of me. It might take several days before I can reply, however. So just bare with me!

Thanks for all the fish and see you later!

-Todd Hill VolksWerks Transaxles 360-412-0948