Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jul 1999 07:38:58 -0400
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: DISASTER AT JIFFY LUBE!!!!
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

This thread does not suprize me a bit. I worked at a local gas station for 10 years. The owner was clueless as to how to hire people. Over the years, most of the problems happened by kids who "knew every- thing". If you want to see a mess, this takes the cake. This kid, put a minivan up on the lift with the rear hatch opened. As he was putting it down, he was BSing to a freind not paying attention to what he was doing. The lifts twist some as they move up and down. With the rear hatch opened, up in the air, it latched on to the garage door rail attached to the roof. On the way down, lifting the van off the rack, until the van was almost standing on it's nose. Suddenly the hatch let go slaming the van to the ground and impaled the lift in to the bottom of the vehicle, in several places. We needed a tow truck to get the van off the lift. It didn't look bad, but both doors would not open. Found the transmission to have a crack in it, and the floor in several places was bent in. It was totaled.

This is the best of many, many cases like this. Worst is the dealers that work "flat rate" and are not getting payed much on warrenty work.

I really feel bad for people who can not work on there own cars. I would never let anyone touch one of my cars after seeing the useless people working on them. This is the reason most people by new every few years, but never even have there oil changed.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler