Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Jul 1999 12:57:41 -0500
From:         Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM>
Subject:      Brakes (I'm concerned...)

Had the opportunity to really stomp on the brakes of ol' Phred today. Don't these mo'rons in their F**d Behemoth's know that if I'm in the right lane and not moving over to the left when they want to merge, it's because the Roadway truck next to me can't move either? So anyway, this mo'ron just merges into my lane form the onramp, without any regard whatever, and I have to stand on the brakes to avoid becoming one with her driver side rear door. The concerning part comes from the fact that the brakes did not lock up like I thought they would. Sure, I slowed in a hurry - ask the guy in the Mazda that was two feet from my bumper! - but shouldn't the brakes have locked? I have had no problem with the brakes at all. They work(ed) fine in every other situation. There is no peddle sponginess, no pumping. Any clues? Suggestions?

TIA...

Alan Bosch & a bus named Phred ("88 Wolfsburg)