Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jul 1999 07:33:33 -0700
From:         "M.R. Nimmo" <mrnimmo@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: GEX -- libel and slander (no vanagon content)
Comments: To: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com>,
          vanagon@vanagon.com

hmmmm. Slander or libel. Well, one doesn't apply at all, but I shall not go into detail. Libel would work if they could prove that I knew the falsity of my comment and intended to harm them. Unfortunately for GEX, the truth is an absolute defense. It's also hard to damage the good reputation of a company that has no good reputation. Good luck.

To those who wish to make their own decisions search the vanagon and type2 archives and read about those who have purchased from GEX.

I won't waste the lists time with further responses to this. Sorry for being baited into an off-topic discussion.

--- "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com> wrote: > > > > >I'd LOVE to see GEX return all the money they've > >stolen from VW enthusiasts. You wanna sue GEX for > him? > > Good Saturday to all, > > An example of more internet libel. > > Is GEX really that bad? I do not know. Being a > thief is a harsh label to > brand someone with. I would hate to be in business > and be forced to keep > all my customers 100% satisfied all of the time each > and every day or face > threats of being branded with "stealing." It seems > we have come to believe > we are entitled to absolute perfection in every > conceivable aspect of human > existence. What a silly concept. Show me the > Vanagon that never needs > maintenance. Show me the metal that will not rust. > > How would you do things differently if you were an > engine rebuilder? If > you were GEX? > How about stating some facts to support your > contentions about this > alleged stealing. > Truth of the matter is GEX might be able to get > jurisdiction over you for > libel. Think their damages might be a tad bit > greater than yours . . . > > > Just my .02, so flame away if you will or whatever, > just don't libel me is > all I ask. > > HKS > > >