Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0600
From:         "Brush, John" <JBrush@HARMAN-DOD.COM>
Subject:      Gas Mileage

I have had a 2.0L 81 Transporter for about 10 years, and you numbers seem to match mine. I seem to be around 15-16mpg in town, and now and then I get close to 20mpg on long trips, but 18 is more like it.

Sometimes on extended trips I get 12 or 13mpg, usually in the middle of Wyoming and I am spend the time wondering if I will make the next gas station :-) With 200K+ on the original motor, I can't ask for more than what I am getting.

From my perspective, you are seeing normal economy. FWIW.

Regards from Utah,

John