Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:48:27 -0400
From:         Noto-Gaudette <derwin@NET1PLUS.COM>
Subject:      Re: '83-'85 Cooling Hoses

Sam,

I can't help you here, but whereas I recently replaced my longgggg coolant hoses (radiator to engine) and posted a sort of meta-message of various options, it occurs to me that we could pool our knowledge. So let me/us know what you learn (this goes for anybody on the list, of course), and I'll whip up a web page for '83-1/2 - '85 Vanagons that will aspire to include replacement recommendations for ALL coolant hoses & pipes, similar to the '85-'91 info. I'll post the page myself, and solicit corrections/observations/additions from the list, but I'd like to have the page "mirrored," or at least linked, on a more centralized site (vanagon.com FAQ, perhaps??).

BTW--re: my loongggg coolant hoses--I ended up using high-quality rubber coolant hoses, similar to Gates "green stripe" hoses, 1-1/4 inch ID, instead of the copper piping I had mentioned in my last post to the list on this subject. They sure look strong--I will put the details/photos on the web page.

-George Fitchburg, MA 83-1/2 Wet Westy, Ex-Superfund site, 177K+