Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:10:47 -0400
From:         karl <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] new clutch

And to add my $.02 worth:

I think a few causes of some clutches, but not others, to chatter, are careless installation, i.e. allowing the weight of the trans to hang on the hub of the disc, forcing the trans into place when the disc may not be aligned perfectly, or possibly a careless greasy finger touching the surface on installation. Of course then there's the worn clutch fork, the non-resurfaced flywheel........I've never had a problem on ANY Sachs clutch I've ever installed for a customer.

Karl

----- Original Message ----- From: The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 1999 11:59 PM Subject: Re: [Syncro] new clutch