Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:03:52 -0700
From:         "Buettner, Peter" <PGB@DOLBY.COM>
Subject:      Re: repair books

There are actually still a bunch of German Vanagon (Transporter) books in print. Here's a list of what I found so far (for you germanspeakers on the list):

So wird's gemacht watercooler ISBN 3-7688-0436-4 diesel ISBN 3-7688-0411-9

Reparaturanleitung aircooler ISBN 3-7168-1668-X watercooler ISBN 3-7168-1779-1 diesel ISBN 3-7168-1679-5

Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst aircooler ISBN 3-87943-933-8 watercooler/diesel ISBN 3-613-01031-3

Get more info at www.amazon.de. Just type (or copy with Ctrl.C/V) the ISBN number into the 'Schnellsuche' field. I think all of the books are authored by Thomas Lautenschlger so they're probably pretty much the same. The books are comparable with the Haynes book in depth of coverage but might offer a different perspective and different pictures. I recently got the 'So wird's gemacht' watercooler book. Although it claims to cover the Syncro on the front page it only contains 1 (one) page on the subject. On this page it gives a brief history of the Syncro on then says that "The Syncro parts and technology is very sophisticated and should only be serviced by an authorized dealer." That's it! Thanks you very much.

Peter 90 Syncro Westy SF, CA

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:10:41 +0200 From: Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO> Subject: Re: repair books

"Joe L." wrote:

> As far as I know there are two books that cover the Watercooled Vanagon; > one being the Bentley, the other being a BRITISH printing of the Haynes. > This Haynes is not usually available at the usual places but can be had > through the Bus Depot.

There are still two types of manuals for the T3, one coming from Britain, available at JustKampers. They are made by a publisher called Peter Ruskett (sp?), and the other is a German series, cant remember which of "Jetzt helfe ich mir selbst" or "So wird's gemacht" that covers the T3. I have found that both the British and German cover Syncros, something the Haynes doesn't, and both are available for D's and TD's AFAIK.

I only have the Haynes, in Swedish even.

PerL 87 Syncro 112i