Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:30:16 -0500
From:         "Keese, Brian W" <bkeese@INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      70A Aux Battery Relay
Comments: cc: "coddington@pacific.net" <coddington@pacific.net>,
          "bogle@bway.net" <bogle@bway.net>,
          "Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.Ca" <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.Ca>,
          "sjohnso@jps.net" <sjohnso@jps.net>

Group:

Well, there is plenty of interest in making a purchase of 70A auxiliary battery relays. I will take additional names until Wednesday afternoon, then I will place an order. If anyone else in interested, please let me know.

Just so everyone is clear: Although this will be a good replacement of the stock 30A relay, it won't be as simple as unplugging the old one and plugging in the new. In addition to heavier gauge wire that will be needed to safely carry the extra current (see earlier posts), larger connectors may be required as well. The stats for the relay can be seen at: http://www.newark.com/C115_modules/3273.html. I looked into shipping costs/taxes and found that it will probably cost me in all about $8 to get one to anyone in the US, our foreign friends might need to add a buck or two, depending on where they are.

Brian Keese 84 Westy bkeese@indiana.edu (Indiana University - Bloomington)