Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:34:18 -0500
From:         Chuck Hill <hilltech@NETINS.NET>
Subject:      COOLANT solution.

The question of what low phosphate/silicon anti-freeze comes up repeatedly along with the quality of the water to mix with it. For our Vanagon engines, with their cooling systems, this is an important issue.

Across the country, and Canada as well, and I suspect Europe also, the John Deere agricultural tractor and equipment dealers carry a water/antifreeze coolant which meets the necessary specifications of no phosphate/silicon, is pre-mixed with demineralized water, and in short is just what the Vanagon needs. They also sell an anti corrosion/water pump lubricant package with this coolant, and you add it according to the total volume of the system.

Farm equipment engines are much more expensive than our Vanagon engines, and have much the same requirements for the coolants. That's why a special coolant package is offered. I think most of us know where a dealership is located within a reasonable distance.

I even use it in my John Deere equipment, it's that good!

Chuck Hill