Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 1999 20:33:23 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Diff locks on 2WD Vanagons

Please don't try this if your battery is not good, or in the winter (cold that is) or both. The starter pulls a huge amount of power, I believe it pulls 1kw, or 1000 watts. That is as much as 20 low beams! Without the alternator supplying power, your battery should be in very good condition to be able to start the van after 3 blocks. On the other hand, I agree it is a good solution to move the van in a pressing situation, say you are stranded on a rail way crossing, and that train do not look willing to stop for a measly old VW....

PerL 87 Syncro 112i