Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:33:58 -0400
From:         John Lauterbach <jhlauterbach@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: '84 Vanagon possibly dying. (Bertha)
Comments: To: Joshua M Lee <josh@BEANSPROUT.NET>

Josh, I use Castrol 20w-50 in my '84. I have had occasional loss of power this summer when van has been at full operating temp such as when idling 5 min on a hot afternoon. It clears up once I get van to over 35 mph. I relived the problem somewhat by a few drops of oil on the oil wick on the distributor shaft.

John ----- Original Message ----- From: Joshua M Lee <josh@BEANSPROUT.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 2:46 PM Subject: '84 Vanagon possibly dying. (Bertha)