Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:07:37 -0700
From:         Randolph Feuerriegel <RFeuerriegel@BC.SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: where the heck is Aiyansh, BC, Canada??? :)

Greetings.

Talked the the folks at VW in Terrace. Indeed, the owner of the syncro crewcab in Aiyansh does have his vehicle serviced in Terrace. Apparently the owner of the crewcab is a school teacher and last recollection by the service manager was that the crewcab was kept in good condition. Thats all I got from him.

Randolph Feuerriegel wrote: > > Greetings from Terrace. > > I'm up here in my 88 syncro doing my job as a sales rep. Left Victoria > BC. last Thurs. Only 2 routes to Aiyansh, one as Joel states is the > Kalum Forest Road which is partly paved and about 2 1/2 hours north of > Terrace. The other route is from Kitwanga, about an hour east of Terrace > on Hwy 16 at the junction of Hwy 37. North from there and a bit of > backtracking to Aiyansh. It is the longer route of the two. If I had the > time I would go for a look, but alas, I'm off to Smithers first thing in > the morning. I can however, drop in at the local Terrace VW dealership, > there is a strong possibility that this syncro has been here before. > After all, the next VW dealership is another days drive from Terrace > east to Prince George. See what happens. > On another note, my business trip ends in Quesnel or close by on > Saturday. I will be in to visit David Marshall where the plan is to > install an Audi 2.0L in my syncro. Travelling with great anticipation of > the upcoming weekend. I'll keep you posted. > > Joel Walker wrote: > > > > well, for those others of you who might have entertained the puzzling > > thought of where Aiyansh, BC, Canada is (or was), i've finally tracked it > > down. and you ain't gonna like it. unless you live in Prince Rupert, BC, > > Canada. :( > > > > ok, find Prince Rupert, BC on the map. it's on the west coast, just below > > the bottom 'neck' of Alaska, US. > > see that road (highway 16) that goes east from Prince Rupert? going to a > > smaller town named Terrace? > > then what you can't see on most maps is a Nisga'a Highway (no number given) > > going north from Terrace to New Aiyansh, BC. you can also take the West > > Kalum Forest Service Road that goes north out of Kitsumkalum, BC (on the > > west side of the Kitsumkalum River from Terrace) ... it joins the Nisga'a > > Highway just north of Kitsumkalum Lake, about 30 miles (50 km) north of > > highway 16. > > > > so it's about 148 km (91 miles) from Prince Rupert to Terrace, and another > > 90 km (55 miles) north to New Aiyansh. > > > > all of which is a very loooooong way up not-exactly-interstate-highways from > > Vancouver and Seattle. :( > > > > hey, i'm not making this stuff up. it took Mapblast.com and the Milepost > > magazine for me to find this place!!! :) > > > > unca joel > > -- > R.Feuerriegel > 88 syncro

-- R.Feuerriegel 88 syncro