Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:59:00 -0400
From:         Dick & Janette Smith <varieze@ASCENT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Luggage Rack and CB Antenna
Comments: To: VICARY2U@AOL.COM

I replaced my top seals a short while ago and found it very easy to remove the the luggage top with one exception. Be very careful when removing the back nuts as the bolts(studs) are held in with a compound and tend to come loose and will drop down necessitating a removal of the headliner which is a much tougher job. Also at this time I put an additional sealer/compound on the bolts to make sure they were sealed and would stay in place. When I removed the luggage carrier what I found was appalling as the PO had used the luggage area to haul firewood as well as they camped extensively in the pines. There was wood and bark chips as well as pine needles and cones plus a lot of dirt. I cleaned the whole top area of the bus and put a double coating of wax on it. Also cleaned the black clips that hold the luggage straps and repainted them and put a good polish job on the carrier. I figure that it's good for several years now.

Dick & Janette Smith North Country People 85 Westfalia

"No man, nor woman, may step twice in the same river." ----- Original Message ----- From: Vicki Derrer <VICARY2U@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 07, 1999 9:01 AM Subject: Luggage Rack and CB Antenna