Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 1999 20:51:32 -0400
From:         Raśl Barreras <raulb@IGLOU.COM>
Subject:      EGR Filter (82 Westy)

Fellow listees,

First of all, it is great to have the list back (the normal way) and I would like to thank all the people involved in the maintenance of the list, past and present. Thank you, very much!

Now, to the point. A previous owner welded the tube from the EGR filter to the Crossover pipe. The whole system from the crossover pipe to the tailpipe is toast. I have the necessary parts to exchange the system except the tube from the EGR filter to the crossover pipe. This is an original engine.

The price is pretty high for an EGR filter and since I still have a good one:

1. should I just weld both ends together? 2. get another EGR filter 3. or, if someone has a bad EGR filter with the connector (two holes for screws and one for flow) that wouldn't mind letting go and sell it to me in order to get the end of and weld it to my current EGR filter.

I would like to try #3 if at all possible. I am needing this part desperately. If anyone has a bad EGR filter, contact me through p-mail. Thanks!

Raul 82 Westy 56 Standard