Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:33:28 -0400
From:         "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <dfrandolph@TALKAM.NET>
Subject:      Misc. Parts FS / Free + SC
Comments: cc: syncro@onelist.com

I've got a few spare parts about if anyone in interested:

The following are available for a fair price - reasonable offers welcome:

-- 1990 Instrument Cluster - Speedometer(110K)/Analog Clock version. Nice condition, works fine, switches/light bulbs not included (had to use them in a new cluster I bought) - I wanted to add a tachometer. For reference, this item used from a "VW Recycler" in NH would cost $75 (unless they think you'll pay more for it). -- 4 195/75R14C Uniroyal Laredo tires, < 5K miles - bought these from a list member who upgraded to 15". I experienced vibration problems a few weeks after putting them on. Bought a set of Michelin MXT's - the vibration was still there - turned out to be coincidence - the driveshaft was bad. So the tires are fine and in great shape - I just don't need them and would like to reclaim the space they are occupying. For reference, you could get them new @ BJ's Tire Center for $49 each.

The following are available for the cost of USPS shipping - or free if you live nearby. I didn't want to just toss them if someone could make use of them:

-- Heidelberg Cassette Stereo - PO had somehow broken faceplate attachments, so it worked fine as long as you properly plugged in the faceplate and held it in place. Fixable by some creative, industrious soul who wants to have an all-original VW. -- 4 Stock 4" Speakers - Acoustically not the greatest, but they work and they're free. -- Custom Made kick-panel for Weekender (full-width) rear seat w/ 6x9 speaker cutouts (speakers to clear beneath cross-bar) and rear heater outlet. 1" clear pine painted black. Fits my '90 base model perfectly and looks like a stock part upon casual inspection. -- 4 195/75R14 Michelin LTX tires, mileage unknown. Tires are sound and have a reasonable amount of tread left - enough to pass inspection for sure, but not for wintertime use. I could measure the depth if you are interested.

Doug Fitz-Randolph Yarmouth, ME '90 Syncro