Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:19:02 -0400
From:         "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <dfrandolph@TALKAM.NET>
Subject:      Heidelberg for free

Wow - so many responses for the radio and speakers! (You all know that the radio needs some repairing before you can use it, right?)

I got many responses delivered in one big clump - and the times on the messages varied from 20 minutes in the past to 5 hours in the future (I think Pittsburgh PA and Portland ME are in the same time zone, yes? Hmmm...) Since some people get the list in digest format, and some people won't check their mail 'til they get home tonight, it really isn't fair to go on a first-come first-served basis. In lieu of an essay contest :(, I've decided to do the following - I am going to let my lovely co-worker Holly pick one "lucky winner" at random from all the replies I've received by the time I check my e-mail tomorrow (TUE) morning. If things don't work out with "the lucky winner", I'll go through the names again.

For everyone else still in need of a radio, check out http://www.crutchfield.com/ - their prices aren't the absolute lowest, but they're reasonable. The Blaupunkt units they sell are quite affordable and look a lot like a radio that might have been original equipment in a Vanagon (You know - their displays don't look like a some kind of video game - have you looked at radios lately? Good God!). Benefits are that you do save sales tax vs. a local purchase, they provide a free factory wiring harness and antenna adapter for your Vanagon, and free installation support if you need it. Plus, they accept returns no questions asked - highly rare in the electronics business! I went back and forth with them for a month trying this speaker arrangement and that one - they were always nice to deal with and I didn't get stuck with anything I wasn't happy with. No association with them, but figured I'd mention a positive experience.

- Doug