Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:34:31 -0400
From:         Ed Stevens <ejstevens@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: westy middle seats for sale

JordanVw@aol.com on 8/10/99 7:00 PM wrote

>a few people have emailed me about these. the kind i have are the 2 person >kind, not the single kind. >the ones i have are, tan, grey, or blue. they have seatbelts attached to >them. they come with floor tracks, and can be installed in ANY vw van or >camper. they have armrests too, and

>dont interfere with access to the back seat.

Just a clarification on that last part for those who may not have seen how these work in a camper:

these two person seats, when put into a westfalia camper span the full width from the refrigerator to the sliding door. Though I like mine (original equipment in my 1984 Wolsberg Westfalia GL) for allowing me to carry 6 people it is worth noting that the people in the "way back" are stuck back there until the door is opened. They cannot squeeze around the middle two person bench seat in a westie. They can climb over it, and when the door is opened and the middle seat is tilted forward, they can exit the vehicle. The people in the middle seat have way more knee room than the people _behind_ the middle seat.

They obviously work better when they can be bolted down in a left-justified position. They are not very difficult to put in and take out. They certainly extend the season and usage modes for my vanagon.

cheers ed stevens valley forge pa